What is Telehealth?
Through audio and video over the internet, you can meet with me on-the-go from your desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device – it’s your choice! Telehealth allows us to connect anywhere with secure and convenient appointments. Just like a face-to-face appointment, your Telehealth visit will be private and confidential.
What equipment do I need?
To participate in Telehealth appointments from your home, you need one of the following devices:
- Desktop computer with a webcam and speakers
- Laptop computer with built-in webcam and speakers
- Tablet device with built-in webcam and speakers
- Smartphone (Note: To use a smartphone, you must first download Telehealth by SimplePractice – available for iOS or Android in the app store)
You will also need an internet connection that is at least 10mbps. For optimal results, a reliable, highspeed internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 mbps will minimize connection issues and provide the best quality.
Where is the best place to do a video call?
When deciding the best place in your home, you will want to choose a space that is private and away from household members, coworkers, pets or any other potential distractions. Here are some additional recommendations:
- Adjust your light. Some small lighting tweaks that can have a huge impact include placing a lamp or other light source behind your monitor, pointed toward you. Also, make sure you don’t have too much light behind you. If you’re on a laptop, make sure the camera is at eye level and not pointing up at the ceiling lights, or down at the floor.
- Choose a quiet, private location. Identify a suitable room that is quiet, private, and free of distractions. To keep background noise to a minimum, close any doors and shut any windows.
How to Begin a Telehealth Session
I have immediate openings for telehealth, through video or phone sessions, to all who want to be seen during this time! My hope at Relational Family Therapy is to provide you with the knowledge and confidence as an individual, parent, partner, or family member. If you, or someone you know, is considering therapy, contact Tarah to discuss how your needs can be met at Relational Family Therapy!
Leave a Reply